I’ve found that I have what feels like a lump in the right side of my throat when I swallow. It’s been there for a couple days now. Not really sure what I should do. I’ve only seen my primary care doctor once, and she’s an idiot. I have no desire to see her again, in fact, I should really find a different one. Someone that’s more aligned with internal medicine. I’ve been more or less putting that off for a long time now as I’ve been doing fine without.
I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to be scheduled for an ultrasound and blood work next month. Should I wait and see what happens with that? It’s not painful. Nothing is apparent from the outside when swallowing. Maybe the implant moved? I haven’t done any intense coughing or anything that I can think that would cause that to happen. My voice doesn’t sound any different. Maybe something happened with the arytenoid adduction?
Of course the mind goes to a place where my cancer has reoccurred and I’ll have to go through treatment again. I mean they did tell me I’m at a high risk for reoccurrence and it would likely happen within the first five years if it’s gonna happen, and here I am right smack dab in the middle of that. Hmm…
Maybe I’ll call up my Endocrinologist and see if I can get in for the tests sooner in the month rather than later.
Maybe it’s nothing and it’ll go away in a couple days.
6 thoughts on “Lady in a Glass Dress”
Under no circumstances should you wait. Call your Endocrinologist immediately and tell them what’s going on and let them decide.
Under no circumstances should you wait! Call your Endocrinologist immediately and tell them what’s going on and ask their advice.
While I agree to an extent, it’s also ok to take a wait and see approach with thyroid cancer. I could wait a couple weeks for the ultrasound and it wouldn’t make a difference.
And how did that work out the last time you had something in your throat that was unusual?
It’s no longer there. It disappeared a couple days after. Still, waiting a couple weeks for a regularly scheduled ultrasound is completely acceptable when there’s no immediate reason to believe that there’s a recurrence. I haven’t yet heard from them yet to schedule it, so I’ll be getting touch with them tomorrow.
So where are you on that ultrasound to check everything out?